[XWARN] Resolution Run (New Year's Eve) needs ham help

Bob Baker N8ADO n8ado at woh.rr.com
Thu Dec 20 20:02:42 CST 2018

Monday, December 31 is the Resolution Run, a 5k that starts and finishes
at Beavercreek High School. The school is on Dayton-Xenia Rd. on the
East side of Beavercreek, but enter the school complex from Fudge Dr.
which is on the West side of the school.

Starting gun is at 8:00 PM and the race takes about an hour. Besides
covering the course for runner safety, we use our headlights to provide
a bit of illumination to show the way. We also place generator lights at
a few key intersections. If you would be willing to help tow a light out
on the course (and return it after the race), please contact
n8ado at arrl.net.

If you can help with race coverage, show up behind the school (use the
Fudge Dr. entrance) by 7:00 PM for an assignment and to grab a snack
(bring something to share). If you would like a particular assignment
(or wish to go directly to your spot), contact n8ado at arrl.net.

Note that the DARA VE team will have a special test session at the
school starting at 5:00. Come out and upgrade, then hang around for the
Resolution Run.

Last year, the weather was bitterly cold and we had a poor turn-out.
Hopefully, we can do much better this year. There is very little
lighting for the runners without our headlights and every car is another
place for the runners to seek assistance and/or shelter.

73, Bob N8ADO

---