[XWARN] Bye, Bye, Baofengs?

Jason Bowman jason.bowman.1971 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:58:14 CDT 2018

I started to get feedback on this both on email and on Facebook.  I am just
passing along the information.  What you do with it is up to you.  That
being said, I do have some friendly advice.

If you use these radios and stay within the amateur radio band, you should
be safe from an interference perspective.  But, because I know MURS, FRS,
and GMRS, I can tell you there's a confusing set of power, wideband and
narrowband, filtering, etc requirements that are not easy to remember for
other radio services.  It is very easy to produce interference with these
radios in other bands if you don't understand these requirements.  The more
you know.  Also, if you haven't noticed, FCC enforcement resources ain't
what they used to be.  If you're being smart about using these radios, you
should have nothing to fear.

Jason Bowman
m: 937-260-2870
WG8B