[XWARN] XWARN Wavelengths Newsletter for December 2019

Jason Bowman jason.bowman.1971 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 21:56:13 CST 2019

Fellow XWARN'ers,

Although I am no longer officially doing the newsletter, I was convinced to
kick this one out to report the results of the elections and make sure
those who only receive paper copies of the newsletter know about the
Christmas party.  Details are inside so I won't repeat here.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjZhhchoSmXIgxsr-jPaMkpo1h4e?e=3kM27X

The astute observer will note this link looks different than the others
I've sent out over the last couple of years.  I won't bore you with the
details other than to say 1)  it's a technical issue  2)  it might change
again as soon as the new Newsletter Editor and/or Secretary take over.

To help Josh out, he gave me edit permissions on the website because I
wanted to get newsletters and some other Secretary-related stuff posted
before I hand this off to Danielle Edgington, our new Secretary.

You can now find links to the past newsletters that I have in my possession
going back to Dec 2016 on the left hand side of the page.  If anyone thinks
going back further is something they'd like to have and you also have the
electronic versions of the newsletter you can send me, I will get them
posted.  By the way, there is nothing sensitive in the newsletters such as
financial information.  We keep that stuff out.  So there isn't a good
reason to hide this stuff in the members-only section, especially since
many of you probably haven't set up an account.

On the "About" page -- look at the menu at the top -- I've linked our
organizing (Articles of Incorporation) and governing documents (Code of
Regulations, Operations Manual) as part of the narrative.

Again, astute observers will note that I went beyond just linking
newsletters.  I tried cleaning up the front page some among other things.
Graphics for affiliate and government organizations that we support are now
on the Public Services page.  The Main Menu was also cleaned up /
organized.  It still ain't perfect.  But, if in doing so I changed the
meaning or importance of something, please let me know and I will
"rejigger".

Jason Bowman
m: 937-260-2870
WG8B