[XWARN] FW: [Gcares] New DMR Repeater in our area

Fred Stone w8lly at twc.com
Sat Feb 9 19:57:22 CST 2019

From: GCARES [mailto:gcares-bounces at bellbrookarc.org] On Behalf Of Ruminski,
Henry J.
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:32 PM
To: gcares at bellbrookarc.org
Subject: [Gcares] New repeater in our area

Greene County now has a DMR repeater thanks to Tim Procuniar, N8NQH, with
help from John Westerkamp, W8LRJ, and Roger Parrett, NQ8RP.  Rather than
duplicate information, I recommend that you read the forwarded message from
Tim below. Then go to Tim's web site  http://www.tim-yvonne.com/ham/ and
read the DMR  information. It is clear and to the point. If you have
questions about selecting a radio or codeplugs for your radio contact John
at westerkampj at gmail.com.

Though not active yet, Greene County ARES, West Central Ohio District 3
ARES, BARC and XWARN will have groups reserved for their respective members.

A local DMR net will be help at 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays on Group 9. I
successfully checked into the Ohio ARES statewide DMR net on Wednesday and
was impressed. After sitting around for a year, my DMR radio is finally
getting some use.

Thanks again to Tim for providing the equipment, John for his programming
work and Roger whose enthusiasm for DMR as an EmComm tool, started the whole
process.

Henry

Henry Ruminski W8HJR
Emergency Coordinator