[XWARN] June 2019 XWARN Wavelengths Newsletter

Jason Bowman jason.bowman.1971 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 23:46:55 CDT 2019

Fellow XWARNers:

Here is your June 2019 Wavelengths newsletter.

http://bit.ly/2HS2u0x

There's a lot of information in this one, mostly related to the Memorial
Day tornadoes.

1)  Tornadoes.  There are several links sprinkled throughout the newsletter
regarding photos, synopses from the National Weather Service, videos - one
I took down in Bellbrook of the thunder and lightning, and the other on
YouTube about the 1974 outbreak - and an audio recording of the weather
nets.  My own personal experiences and how I dealt with communications,
navigation, and power in the field while volunteering with Beavercreek CERT
and Fire Dept Auxiliary.  Lots of information on resources available that
Liz sent to me.

2)  Activities.  Field Day.  As near as I can tell, that's the next big
thing coming up.  Then it looks like Young's Dairy Bike Ride in July is the
next big volunteer activity.  Phil's probably still looking for help with
the Air Force Marathon, too!

3)  Bob won't be at the next meeting, but Liz will probably discuss club
shirts for the June program.  I may bring in some of the power devices and
radio setup I mentioned in the newsletter and set them up on a table if
anyone has questions about what they see or what I said in the newsletter.

4)  Buried in the middle of the newsletter is a short note about me
stepping down when my term is completed.  XWARN will need to seek
candidates and volunteers to fill the Secretary, Newsletter Editor, and
Statutory Agent positions for the term starting Dec 1, 2019. For whomever
takes over, I will give you the proper training before I completely take a
step back.

Also, between now and the meeting next week, be looking for me to revisit
the reflector issues.  There was a handful of people I was dealing with on
the issue.  I've bcc'd some of them directly just in case they are still
having issues.  The first step is to check the list on the reflector.  If
that looks good, you may see a dedicated test message. Sorry in advance.
By design, I can't limit who the reflector sends email to.  It's the whole
list or nothing.

Jason Bowman
m: 937-260-2870
WG8B