[XWARN] WHIO outage

Fred Stone w8lly at twc.com
Fri Nov 8 01:15:13 CST 2019

    Hi, Daun --
I understand WHIO Ch-7 went off air Tuesday morning.First indication was 'burned up' mask filter (very sharp BP filter at xmtr output--(now on new Ch-33).  Thursday, we heard 6" (8"?) transmission line 'burned up' at around 900' AGL.  Tower crew on site working on problem.  That's all I know at the moment.  (Cable OK...all Dayton area stations have fiber feed directly to cable 'head-end'.)
73, Fred W8LLY
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

------ Original message------From: Daun Yeagley Date: Wed, Nov 6, 2019 16:40To: Fred Stone;Subject:WHIO outage
Hi FredI wonder if you have any insight as to what took Channel 7 off the air yesterday.   I happened to be watching about the time it went down, and first noted a lot of pixelation  before it went dark totally...which made me think that there was a big power drop before total failure.  Lots of things can cause that.Their website is no help at all.Daun-- Daun E. Yeagley II, N8ASB