[XWARN] the latest on WHIO outage and WKEF/WRGT signal

rdthndr753 at aol.com rdthndr753 at aol.com
Fri Nov 8 17:36:32 CST 2019

 WKEF and WRGT are operating at reduced power and a lower antenna as part of the recently mandated signal “repack”. This temporary status is due to unavoidable delays in tower crew availability required given the multiple stations across the country going through the same process. We are trying to expedite the situation and will keep you informed of changes. We appreciate your viewership and thank you for your patience.

Friday 11/8/19 - WHIO Climbers have been working for days on the tower, which is almost 1,000 feet in the air – the equivalent of a 10-story building. In addition to the dangerous conditions, rain and ice have stymied progress. On Friday, the tower crew discovered more extensive damage than previously thought, which will require more time to repair.