[XWARN] Public Service Events seeking Ham Radio Volunteers

Bob Baker N8ADO n8ado at woh.rr.com
Fri Sep 27 19:51:28 CDT 2019

Sunday, October 13, Dayton River Corridor Classic Half Marathon and 5k

Start/Finish is at Welcome Stadium and the course runs along the
river-side paths. Event starts at 9:00 and the course closes at 1:00.
That means some positions would need to be in place starting around 8:30
and that some positions would begin to close at roughly halfway through
(11:00). We need about a dozen volunteers to cover key locations, such
as water stops and it would be great to have several bicycle mobiles to
patrol the paths along the river.

If you are able to help with this, please contact n8ado at arrl.net and
include your shirt size in your reply.

Saturday, October 19, Dayton District Cross Country Meet; Cedarville OH

First Race is 10:00. Six races every 45 minutes with a half hour break
in the middle. Should be done before 3:00.

We need nine volunteers to cover the course and report time splits to
the announcer. Lunch is provided.

If you are able to help with this, please contact n8ado at arrl.net.

Saturday, November 16, Mid-East Cross Country Championships; Indian
Riffle Park, Kettering

Girls Race 11:00; Boys Race 11:30. This event features invited elite
high school runners from several states around Ohio. Fast paced. We
usually join together for breakfast before this relatively short event.

If you are able to help with this, please contact n8ado at arrl.net.

---