[XWARN] Cancellation of Greene County Amateur Radio License Courses

Fred Stone w8lly at twc.com
Sun Mar 15 01:44:58 CDT 2020

From: Lyle Steinhardt [mailto:lyle_steinhardt at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 9:38 PM
To: Fred Stone
Subject: Cancellation of Greene County Amateur Radio License Courses

The instructors and Education Committee for the Greene County Amateur Radio License Courses, jointly sponsored by Greene County ARES and the three Greene County amateur radio clubs—Bellbrook, Fairborn and Xenia—have made a decision to err on the side of caution and hereby announce the cancellation of all remaining class sessions for all three classes of license and the scheduled Test Session, effective immediately.  We believe it is prudent to discontinue face-to-face classes to maximize social distancing towards reducing the possibility of spreading the virus.

Courses will be re-started after the current coronavirus incident has past.  We will consider alternative online teaching methods to help current students, and others, continue working towards a new or upgraded license and will announce details if and when achieved.

73,

Lyle Steinhardt, KE0CZV

Coordinator

Greene County Amateur Radio License Courses

 <mailto:Lyle_Steinhardt at yahoo.com> Lyle_Steinhardt at yahoo.com

The CANCELLED remaining class sessions are Sunday evenings March 15, 22, 29 and April 5.

The CANCELLED Test Session was scheduled for Sunday April 19.