[XWARN] Dayton District Cross Country Meet Saturday Oct. 24 still need a couple more hams

Bob Baker N8ADO n8ado at woh.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 19:21:57 CDT 2020

I am looking for a couple more volunteers who can cover some spots in
the afternoon. Here's some information:

Saturday, October 24, the Dayton District Cross Country meet will be
held in Cedarville at the Elvin R. King Cross Country Course (see
following link for map)

https://yellowjackets.cedarville.edu/documents/2013/8/1/wxc_course5K2013.pdf?id=420

The current plan is to have twelve races and they will be spaced out
more than usual, so we will need as many ham radio volunteers as
possible to cover the event. See the race schedule, below. Our duties
include acting as spotters to respond to emergencies and to collect
leader data from the milemarks. Required equipment is a two meter
handheld transceiver. An extended antenna is recommended and you will
likely require at least one spare battery.

We need to gather at the race course at 8:00 AM and the last race should
be complete around 6:00 PM. This makes for a long day. If you would like
to volunteer, but cannot commit to the whole time, please state that and
we will see what can be arranged. Also, I anticipate that due to the
lack of events so far this season, there may be quite a few of you
wanting to participate. I negotiated with the organizer to remove the
cap on the number that we can have, but that means that the event will
not be able to provide lunches as in the past. (Bring your own food).

Everyone is required to have an appropriate face mask. The mask is to be
worn when adequate social distance cannot be maintained.

More details (including Parking Pass and Communications Plan) will be
released as we get closer to the event. To volunteer, please contact Bob
Baker N8ADO at n8ado at arrl.net

We might be able to arrange a carpool from the Dayton area. Please
indicate if you would be interested in this.

*.Qualifying for Regional Meet*

Time

Race

Teams