[XWARN] XWARN Christmas Party 2020 (This Monday Dec 14)

Bob Baker N8ADO n8ado at woh.rr.com
Sun Dec 13 11:56:06 CST 2020

After some deliberation, we have decided to have the XWARN party. We
have a place. We believe that we can arrange tables to maintain adequate
separation. We have some games to play. Why not?

There are several uncertainties. We could be banned from meeting due to
recent increases in infection rates, but the alert level has dropped a
color in the past few days. We understand that many members will choose
to avoid the risk associated with gathering together. We fully
understand--there is no need to come if you are not comfortable attending.

Plan to arrive at the Dining Hall building at the Greene County
Fairgrounds between 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM on Monday, December 14. After we
assemble, we can order pizza to be delivered. We will place a group
order and you can contribute toward the cost. There is no problem should
you choose to bring your own food or to simply opt out of the meal.

Put on a mask before entering the facility. Plan to arrange the seating
so that you are not sitting directly across a table from others unless
they are members of your own household or others with whom you have
frequent contact.

As you prepare to leave for the meeting, consider putting a call out on
the 147.165 repeater to check if it is still on. If we have to cancel,
we will make a point of monitoring. If nobody answers, assume that it is
still on.

I hope to see you there. I hope that everyone has a great holiday. Stay
safe!

Bob Baker N8ADO     XWARN Vice President

P.S. The Beavercreek Cross Country Boosters have postponed indefinitely
the Resolution Run. The New Year’s Eve Amateur Radio VE Test Session
will not be held.