[XWARN] USAF Marathon for 2020 Cancelled

David Crawford kf4kww at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 13:37:18 CDT 2020

This announcementis from the USAF Marathon staff:

It is with much difficulty that we share this email with youtoday to inform you that our staff at the Air Force Marathon along with AirForce leadership is announcing the cancellation of the 2020 Air Force Marathonin-person events scheduled for September 17-19 at Wright-Patterson Air ForceBase.

This decision comes with having had conversations over thepast few months with Air Force leadership, medical experts, and our eventpartners and having evaluated all possibilities to host the in-person event.

“We simply cannot execute the marathon in a manner where thesafety and security of our runners, volunteers, staff, partners, and spectatorsis satisfactorily achieved,” explained Brandon Hough, Air Force Marathondirector. “However, our team has worked hard to offer numerous options toregistered participants to be as accommodating as possible.”

For those participants who are registered, the Air ForceMarathon team has thoughtfully developed three options to choose from andcurrently registered participants will be contacted via email with thenecessary steps to take. The options include participating virtually, giftingthe registration to an Airman for 2021, or deferring to a future year. If youhave already registered for our virtual category, you do not need to take anyaction. Additionally, for those who have yet to register, there is still timeto sign up to participate in the virtual events.

Pleasedisseminate to all clubs and through reflectors.

David A. Crawford, KF4KWW
kf4kww at sbcglobal.net
(937) 689-6894 Cell
USAF MSgt (Retired)
Dayton Skywarn Emergency Operations Net Control Team
Dayton Amateur Radio Association Volunteer Examiner Team Deputy