[XWARN] Seeking Volunteers for Vaccination Clinics

Bob Baker N8ADO n8ado at woh.rr.com
Sat Jan 9 11:04:10 CST 2021

Seeking Volunteers to Support Vaccination Clinics

This is not a ham radio exercise. If that offends you, please stop
reading and delete this message.

This is an important activity and the organizers are in need of a lot
more help, so I took the initiative to use a ham radio email list to
spread the word. If you wish to complain, please direct your opinions to
me—it is my fault that you are receiving this.

Vaccinations to prevent COVID-19 have begun in Montgomery County. Each
clinic at which the vaccine is administered is a large scale incident
and is being managed per the National Incident Command System (NIMS).
Incident Command has contacted me and asked if there was a possibility
that ham radio operators would be willing to help with traffic control.
This message is to solicit volunteers to help with this effort.

The nature of the work is directing traffic in and around the Dayton
Convention Center, particularly in the five story garage. Note that
traffic control is by request of the Dayton Police Department.
Volunteers will be assigned to work in teams of two. Each team will be
issued a CERT radio (Moto Talkabout FRS). Training will be provided as
needed. Each assignment consists of a five hour shift, with at least one
break. The work requires spending time on your feet and most of the time
will be outdoors.

A requirement for volunteers is that they have had training in NIMS.
Having been trained as CERT, being listed as ARES Level 2, or holding
certificates of successful completion for IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and
IS-800 is sufficient. Note that this is an opportunity to witness the
Incident Command System in operation.

DO NOT show up to the incident and volunteer to help unless you are on
the roster of expected volunteers.

The vaccine is being offered to groups in stages. Right now, it is
available to first responders and health care workers, but it is
expected that you will be eligible to receive the vaccine if you volunteer.

It is expected that the size of the operation will expand rapidly, so
there will be many volunteer opportunities in the near future.

I have offered to collect the names and email addresses of people who
would like to volunteer. A list of currently scheduled clinics is below.
Please send me a message ( to n8ado at arrl.net <mailto:n8ado at arrl.net> )
if you wish to volunteer. List the clinics for which you are willing to
support. Also tell me if you want to be included on future emails
listing additional clinics after they are scheduled. I will be creating
a new mail group, probably on Gmail to help manage this.

Currently Scheduled Clinics:

1/12/21 Tuesday 8a til 1p *BADLY NEEDED *3 spots

1/16/21 Saturday 8a til 1p  3 spots avail

1/19/21 Tuesday 8a til 1p 3 spots avail

1/21/21 Thursday 1p til 6p 1 spot avail

1/26/21 Tuesday 8a til 1p 1 spot avail

1/30/21 Saturday 8a til 1p 2 spots avail

Thank you for your kind attention,

Bob Baker N8ADO

n8ado at arrl.net