[XWARN] Seeking Volunteers for Vaccination Clinics

iamn8acu iamn8acu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:54:29 CST 2021

S8nce Community Serviceand Support is part of what Ham Radio Clubs are all
about, I think this is an excellent use of our email list.

I support you in this posting Bob.

John Seitz N8ACU

John Seitz N8ACU

On Jan 9, 2021 at 12:08, Bob Baker N8ADO <n8ado at woh.rr.com> wrote:

Seeking Volunteers to Support Vaccination Clinics

This is not a ham radio exercise. If that offends you, please stop reading
and delete this message.

This is an important activity and the organizers are in need of a lot more
help, so I took the initiative to use a ham radio email list to spread the
word. If you wish to complain, please direct your opinions to me—it is my
fault that you are receiving this.

Vaccinations to prevent COVID-19 have begun in Montgomery County. Each
clinic at which the vaccine is administered is a large scale incident and
is being managed per the National Incident Command System (NIMS). Incident
Command has contacted me and asked if there was a possibility that ham
radio operators would be willing to help with traffic control. This message
is to solicit volunteers to help with this effort.

The nature of the work is directing traffic in and around the Dayton
Convention Center, particularly in the five story garage. Note that traffic
control is by request of the Dayton Police Department. Volunteers will be
assigned to work in teams of two. Each team will be issued a CERT radio
(Moto Talkabout FRS). Training will be provided as needed. Each assignment
consists of a five hour shift, with at least one break. The work requires
spending time on your feet and most of the time will be outdoors.

A requirement for volunteers is that they have had training in NIMS. Having
been trained as CERT, being listed as ARES Level 2, or holding certificates
of successful completion for IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 is
sufficient. Note that this is an opportunity to witness the Incident
Command System in operation.

DO NOT show up to the incident and volunteer to help unless you are on the
roster of expected volunteers.

The vaccine is being offered to groups in stages. Right now, it is
available to first responders and health care workers, but it is expected
that you will be eligible to receive the vaccine if you volunteer.

It is expected that the size of the operation will expand rapidly, so there
will be many volunteer opportunities in the near future.

I have offered to collect the names and email addresses of people who would
like to volunteer. A list of currently scheduled clinics is below. Please
send me a message ( to n8ado at arrl.net ) if you wish to volunteer. List the
clinics for which you are willing to support. Also tell me if you want to
be included on future emails listing additional clinics after they are
scheduled. I will be creating a new mail group, probably on Gmail to help
manage this.

Currently Scheduled Clinics:

1/12/21 Tuesday 8a til 1p  *BADLY NEEDED *3 spots

1/16/21  Saturday 8a til 1p  3 spots avail

1/19/21 Tuesday  8a til 1p 3 spots avail

1/21/21 Thursday 1p til 6p 1 spot avail

1/26/21 Tuesday 8a til 1p 1 spot avail

1/30/21 Saturday 8a til 1p 2 spots avail

Thank you for your kind attention,

Bob Baker N8ADO

n8ado at arrl.net