[XWARN] Air Force Marathon is in need of ham volunteers

Bob Baker N8ADO n8ado at woh.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 08:43:58 CDT 2022

The Air Force Marathon will be held on Saturday, September 17. We are
forming a team of ham radio volunteers to support the event by operating
several networks for logistics, medical information, monitoring and
tracking of runners, shadowing of race officials, and support of finish
line operations.

We are in desperate need of having more volunteers sign up to help with
this event. PLEASE join us. And invite your ham friends to join, too.

As of right now, 29 people have signed up to support ham radio
operations in support of the marathon. The absolute minimum number to
cover this event is 49, but more is better.

Registration closes on August 31, but PLEASE sign up as soon as possible
so that we can assess if and when we go into panic mode.

To sign up, go to the Air Force Marathon website (usafmarathon.com)and
navigate to the volunteer portal (GET INVOLVED, Volunteer, VOLUNTEER
NOW, click the green bar).Once on that site, scroll down to Race Day abd
click the box for Amateur Radio Operator.button and then choose Amateur
Radio Operator. Scroll down and fill out all of the required fields, be
sure to click on “Sign Up to Volunteer” at the bottom of the page.

Finally, I have set up a mailing list specific to this event. If you
wish to be included send a request to

AFM.HAMS at gmail.com <mailto:AFM.HAMS at gmail.com>

Feel free to send questions to me at this email address.

Much of this information is posted on the district 3 ARES website
OHD3ARES.org

Thank you!

Bob Baker N8ADO

Volunteer Lead for Amateur Radio Support of the Air Force Marathon